Spray Tan, Fake Bake
Enter our spray tanning 'Beach hut' rooms, fully equipped with state of the art extraction and ventilation for your comfort. Emerge 15 minutes later bronzed and healthy. Who needs the long haul flight to the Caribbean...! Just come to The Beauty Therapy Centre for your even, odourless, streak-free tan.
A spray tan is one of the most popular salon treatments. It is a quick, easy way to achieve a dramatic change to your appearance.
A spray tan is applied using a high velocity compressor, which sprays a very fine mist of tanning agent all over the body. This fine mist stays on the skin for a number of hours; the processing time enables the product to stimulate your own melanin, creating a tanned healthy glow.
Fake Bake is the brand best associated with a great even tan; the range carries 4 different products, each with their own specific use guidelines; your therapist will help you decide which one is best for you. Your tan can to be natural, medium or deep. The new 60-minute product from Fake Bake can develop as quickly as 2 hours, so that you can rinse away the guide colour and get on with your day.Other products require 7 hours to develop, during this time you must avoid water & tight clothing.
Top tips to get the most from your tan:
• Exfoliate thoroughly beforehand; smooth skin will take the tan more evenly
• Moisturise in the days running up to the tan; moisturised skin prevents dry areas “grabbing” the tan and looking patchy
• Wear very loose clothes to the appointment, so that the guide colour will not be rubbed off by your clothes
• Do not wear deodorant, make-up or perfume to the tan appointment; these can react with the tanning product
• Air- dry after a shower, don’t rub with a towel.
• Apply misting oil over the tan every day to keep it moisturised and fresh.